someone posted this meme on that terrible blue and white social networking media, and i am embarrassingly still part of it. so…i am bored and posting it.
- Lovers: Tonight
- Lovers: Dead Deer
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Hysteric
- The National: Bloodbuzz Ohio
- Arcade Fire: Wake Up
- The Cliks: Not Your Boy
- Hunter Valentine: She Only Loves Me When She’s Wasted
- The Damned: Life Goes On
- Lady GaGa: Paparazzi
- The Go-Betweens: Quiet Heart
- Lovers: Igloo for Ojos
- Arcade Fire: Crown of Love
- New Order: Ceremony
- Joy Division: Atmosphere
- Lovers: Peppermint (from Darklight, a remix of a song originally on Star Lit Sunken Ship)
- Hunter Valentine: Youthful Existence
- MGMT: Time To Pretend
- Scissor Sisters: Don’t Feel like Dancin
- Echo & The Bunnymen: Bring on the Dancing Horses
- M.I.A.: Paper Planes
- Lovers: Perpetual Motion, Perpetual Sound
- Lovers: From A Highway
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Turn Into
- Depeche Mode: The Sinner In Me
- Lady GaGa: Bad Romance
since there’s heavy representation on this list from Lovers, which (surprise!) is my favorite band, here’s their website: www.holdmyclothes.com
what’s funny about this meme is that the 25 most played songs are indeed mostly my favorites. but it also reflects a series of really difficult times in my life, when i put various of these songs on repeat for hours as i tried to calm myself down. i won’t walk you through them all, but it’s a funny thing to keep track of in a way. sometimes i listen to this list at not-sad times to desensitize myself to them.
some new faves: still Lovers (of course) but also Sharon Van Etten, i’m on a huge New Order kick right now, and i’m actually listening to the radio a fair amount.
what are you listening to?